Identify your body’s primary imbalances and current respiratory capacity.
Prioritize your goals, determine the appropriate regularity and intensity of your practice. When appropriate I use exercises from the Pilates repertoire on the mat or reformer machine.
Recover from injuries & develop a yoga practice long term.
You are likely to enjoy practicing with me if you :
- are willing to practice yoga poses (within a vinyasa sequence or individually) which will progressively be more challenging with the aim to improve your flexibility or correct muscular imbalances
- are interested to identify your body’s main strengths and limitations in all directions the joints can move
- are interested to learn which alignment is currently suitable for your body in the main yoga poses (ie. lunges, backbends, arm-balances)
- want to recover within a few months (depending on the severity) from a lower back or shoulder injury
- want to learn how to invert (ie. headstand, forearm-stand, handstand)
- want to improve your breathing based on breathwork that has been researched & scientifically shown to enhance cellular oxygenation
- are interested in getting ongoing support & feedback in your yoga practice via WhatsApp and a monthly progress report
“Anastasis is clearly a very skilled yoga teacher, strong and knowledgeable in other forms of exercise. My finance and I have now had around 12 one hour private sessions with Anastasis and we both really enjoy them and feel we have noticeably improved. Anastasis is a very patient and flexible teacher yet he moves the classes along at a good pace so that we always feel we are learning something new and challenging ourselves. We lead a very busy lifestyle and our sessions with Anastasis help us to clear our minds and feel relaxed. I would highly recommend him as a yoga teacher.” Rebeca Greenwood | Marketing Manager
Not practicing yoga can :
- Increase your risk of injury
- Decrease the range of movement in the hip & shoulder joints (a common sign of ageing)
- allow muscular imbalances to develop
- contribute to poor coordination & low self-esteem
- lead to reduction in spine articulation (often a contributing factor to lower back pain)
Through yoga I promise you that you can :
- help develop a sense of calmness & vitality
- strengthen neuromuscular connections
- improve your proprioception (esp. through inversions)
- improve digestive health, mood & quality of sleep