“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” ~Hippocrates 500BC
Laboratory testing is an integral part of my practice. I am using tests in 4 occasions:
- To identify the stage of a condition when there is already a diagnosis. Most conditions exist in a spectrum of severity. The stage of the condition can help determine both the preferable protocol as well as the urgency of the situation.
- To confirm the effect of the protocol followed.
- As a medical screening check.
- To compliment genetic information. Such an example is methylation polymorphisms. The “Methylation Profile” test I use allows me confirm or reject the existence of methylation issues.
While some of the tests I use are available in other countries, some require a visit to a phlebotomy clinic in Central London.
Nutrigenomics is the scientific field looking into the interaction between food and genes. Nowadays sequencing our DNA is fast and inexpensive and it allows us to identify:
• our predisposition for developing specific conditions
• our need for certain nutrients (such as folate, vitamin B12)
• how suitable certain diets based on our genetic make-up.
In the links bellow you can read more on:
The Benefits of Nutritional Therapy
While nutrition has been used since the ancient times as a therapeutic tool, Nutritional Therapy (NT) emerged as a science only at the end of the last century. Using the scientific findings of medical research, NT aims to achieve what drugs are developed for but with food. As you eat every day you have the opportunity with each meal to take a step towards or away from health. So why do you need nutritional advice?
• it is based on scientific evidence and can be tailored to your needs
• it can support any type of medical treatment or alternative medicine practice
• it will enhance your understanding of food and allow you to build a lifelong relationship with it
• you will understand there are no good or bad foods, good or bad diets and stop having confusing around the “latest” discoveries
• you will be able identify hormonal and metabolic imbalances through the use of laboratory testing
• you will be able to identify your predisposition for developing many chronic diseases (see bellow)
Nutritional Therapy is used to support
(* patients that undergo treatment for)
* Cardiovascular Disease
* Autoimmune Conditions
(Hashimotos, Type 1 Diabetes, Celiac Disease, Vitiligo)